FIVE STUDENTS WIN AWARDS AT BPA NATIONALS

CTE students competed in BPA Nationals in Orlando, Florida from May 10-14

Five Career and Technical Education (CTE) students representing the Business and Information Systems Technology programs taught by Melinda Neiman and Alex Gray placed in the top 10 for their categories at the Business Professionals of America national competition.

Each student who traveled to Orlando received a top ten award in categories like Networking, Advanced Spreadsheets, or PC Servicing and Troubleshooting.

“I couldn’t be more proud of the group of students we brought to BPA Nationals this year,” Gray said. “It’s great to see these students be recognized for their hard work and dedication. An incredible experience for them and myself.”

The awards ceremony took place at the Dolphin Disneyland Resort on Saturday, May 13. Sandpoint High School has never been awarded in tech categories before.

“Making Sandpoint High School history was awesome, because we’re the first to be on the stage in any national computer event,” said junior Ronnie Korn, who placed fourth in PC Servicing and Troubleshooting and fifth in Networking.

Of Gray’s remaining CTE students Reilly Wolfe placed seventh in Networking and Zach Gillenwater and Alex VanCorbach placed eighth and ninth respectively in PC Servicing and Troubleshooting.

Tina Grimes, from Neiman’s business program, placed eighth in Advanced Spreadsheets.

Each student who traveled to Orlando received a top ten award.