IN SHORT

Band Concert

There is a band concert in the auditorium on March 9 at 7 p.m. Concert and symphonic bands will be preforming until 8 p.m.

Solos and Ensembles

There will be choir solos and ensembles on March 11 at Post Falls High School. The event starts at 8 a.m.

Academic Decathlon

The Academic Decathlon team competed at Regionals on Saturday, Feb. 11 at Sandpoint High School. The State team will travel to the state competition held in Boise, Idaho on March 16.

Once Upon a Mattress

The drama department will be preforming Once Upon a Mattress March 10, 11, 16, 17 and 18 at the Panida. Shows start at 7 p.m. and each night as well as a matinee on March 18. The matinee will start at 2 p.m. Student tickets will be 12 dollars on March 16 and $15 other nights.

Distinguished Young Women 

The Distinguished Young Women of Sandpoint had a fashion show at SHS on Feb. 18. The final show will be in the Sandpoint High School auditorium on March 25. Tickets are available from participants, at the door, or from Julie Nolan, DYW committee chair.

Drama Auditions

Auditions for the spring play are on March 21 in the SHS auditorium at 3:30 p.m. The performance will be for the play Murdered.

MUN New York Trip

Model United Nations takes their trip to New York to participate in a mock UN conference and brainstorm solutions to real world problems. They will be gone March 13 – 19.