GOOD VIBES

New club gives students safe environment to discuss issues

A new club to Sandpoint High School wants to spread good vibes. The Good Vibes Club.

The Good Vibes Clubs is an offshoot of the Human Rights Club and a response to recent suicides involving high school students. The club is a safe place for students to meet and talk about their life with their peers in a positive manner.

“I feel this club is having a very positive effect on all of the students involved with it,” club president Ben Reich said. “It’s a great place for peer counseling and a place for us to just let out our feelings without any adult infringement, to just know we have a safe place to let everything out, and that there are people listening.”

The club meets once a week and has created an after school environment where students can vent and get advice from their fellow students.

“I think it’s mostly to give a sense of a third place,” club advisor Zabrielle Dillon said. “It’s not home and it’s not really school. It’s after school and it’s in a comfortable environment and I think they’re building trust with one another and just kind of finding that place where maybe they feel more comfortable.”

Students are welcome to come in once a week, or only once a month, and sharing is optional. If students are not comfortable with talking about their issues, coming to listen and give advice is welcome as well.

Good Vibes Club meets every Monday after school in the Art Room.