CHROMEBOOK CHANGES

New Chromebook model expands from senior class to the entire school

CHROMEBOOK+CHANGES

With the changing in seasons there is another change; the change in the laptops we use for Sandpoint High School.

Sandpoint has moved up in the world of technology from the “dinosaurs” to our school laptops either the Chromebooks or Dells.

The school board is planning on eventually getting every student in the school district to get one form of laptops in the next couple of years.

They plan to start with the high school getting the Dells in the next year or two, the Chromebooks getting passed down to the middle school, and finally to the elementary schools.

After everyone is acquainted with the Dells, there is no further plan to get newer laptops. besides in the far future, once technology has become more advanced and there is a need for new laptops.

The fiber optic internet cable that supports the laptops has been improved this year to speed up the process and hopefully prevent the laptops from frequent crashing and to provide students a better, more efficient experience with their school laptops.

The fiber has been funded by the new school levy.

Students are already formulating their opinions on which ones they prefer.

“Dells are better because they are smaller and easier to carry and seem to be more durable,” sophomore Molly Butler said.

The laptops have also been helping the teachers just as much as the students with allowing teachers to give assignments and tests online.

Secondly, giving teachers an easier way to get the students grades out faster.

“They given us great access to a lot of information especially for research. They’ve also given us a great resource for sharing information,” teacher Erica Haynes said.

Hopefully, the laptops continue to be an improvement for schools education and helps to move Sandpoint close to the modern world of technology.