CROSS COUNTRY SWEEPS REGIONALS

All four Sandpoint cross country teams earned first place in the 4A division.

On Thursday, Oct. 22, the Sandpoint Cross Country teams traveled to Farragut State Park in Athol for the Regional Cross Country Championships.

All four teams (JV girls, JV boys, varsity girls, and varsity boys) earned first place in the 4A Inland Empire League (IEL) division which means that the varsity teams will be attending the state meet on Oct. 31.

The girls varsity team has been back-to-back state champions for the past two years. This is the third straight regional title for the girls varsity team as well.

Boys varsity qualified for state in 2013 and 2014 and earned third place at state last year.

Sophomore Farli Boden and junior Dana Beaty earned fourth and fifth overall.
Sarah Wells
Sophomore Farli Boden (right) and junior Dana Beaty (left) earned fourth and fifth overall in the girls junior varsity race.
Freshman Chloe Braedt and senior Clara Sallent earned 13th and 15th in the field of 65 JV girls.
Sarah Wells
Freshman Chloe Braedt (right) and senior Clara Sallent (left) earned 13th and 15th in the field of 65 JV girls.
Junior Mackenzie Wolfe (left) and freshman Valerie Wickboldt (right) ran a 25:42 and a 25:56, respectively.
Sarah Wells
Junior Mackenzie Wolfe (left) and freshman Lindsay Baumann (right) ran a 25:42 and a 24:56, respectively. Baumann’s time was her personal record for the season.
Freshman Valerie Wickbolt ran a 25:56 race.
Sarah Wells
In the boys JV race, freshman Sloan Woodward earned 7th place and was the first Sandpoint runner to finish. He ran the 5k in 19:03.
Sarah Wells
(Left to Right) Sophomore Hyrum Hunsaker, freshman Kieran Wilder, and freshman Conner Matlosz ran as a group on the first lap. Hyrum ran a time of 20:50, Conner ran a 21:11, and Kieran ran a 21:15.
Sarah Wells
In the girls 4A varsity race, Katherine Kaul placed second with a time of 19:47.
Sarah Wells
(Right to Left) Junior Rainey Woodward, senior Claire Pierce, and sophomore Sharon Rowe placed fifth, eighth, and sixth respectively.
Sarah Wells
In the boys varsity race, sophomore Finan Lund-Andersen placed fourth with a time of 17:12. As a whole, the boys varsity team all finished consecutively, earning fourth place through tenth place in the race.
Sarah Wells
(Right to Left): Junior Reilly Wolfe, sophomore Cole Dillon, sophomore Peik Lund-Andersen, and senior Mark Kennaly ran as a group on the first lap.
Sarah Wells
Junior Clay Rasmussen led the boys' pack on the second lap. They were able to stay together across the finish line to earn first place as a team in the meet with 30 points.
Sarah Wells
Junior Clay Rasmussen led the boys’ pack on the second lap. They were able to stay together across the finish line to earn first place as a team in the meet with 30 points.
Sophomore Cole Dillon finished in fifth place after Finan with a time of 18:03.
Sarah Wells