A New Barber On The Block

Blayne Kanning and his journey of giving haircuts.
Blayne Kanning
A before and after of Blayne’s work on Ty Eacret.

You may have seen him on Instagram, outside of the school, or even had your haircut by him… Sandpoint’s newest barber, Blayne Kanning. Beginning with little to no experience and just a razor to trim his own hair, Blayne has been able to make some quick cash by giving his friends and peers haircuts. He explains, “…my first haircut started as a joke at summer camp and it actually turned out pretty decent, so when I came home I started persuading people to let me cut their hair for fun.”
As his haircuts began to gain traction, Blayne realized this was a great opportunity to make some cash. He says the average cost for a haircut is $10-$20 but adds, “My policy has always been whatever you feel like the haircut is worth to you, because I’m just getting started so the practice is worth it to me.” Blayne also expresses how he puts a lot of time and effort into the haircuts, though.
If you are interested in getting your cut by Blayne, you can schedule an appointment by DMing his Instagram, @faded.bk. He says he does his haircuts anywhere and everywhere and is available to do them most days during the week. Blayne also shared that his favorite cut is a burst or drop fade, which is a modern mullet.
He plans to do this through college to make some cash, so make sure you check out his work on Instagram or schedule an appointment to experience a haircut by Blayne yourself!