HEAD OF THE CLASS

The co-valedictorians and salutatorian of the class of 2015 have been determined.

Preston Cole

More stories from Preston Cole

PARTY PROBLEMS
February 27, 2015

The Class of 2015 Co-Valedictorians and Salutatorian were announced in March at the close of semester three. Lauren Orr and Erika Marks were announced as Co-Valedictorians, as their cumulative grade-point averages (GPAs) were extremely close, and Rachel Seifert was announced as Salutatorian.

“My journey to being valedictorian began because I just enjoyed the harder classes […] I never took a class purely to boost my GPA and would take the same high school path again if I ever had to,” Co-Valedictorian Erika Marks said.

Likewise, Co-Valedictorian Lauren Orr said of her high school experience as an academian: “Both [that] I enjoy being in more difficult classes and because they boosted my GPA [motivated me to take harder classes].”Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 2.28.18 PM

Salutatorian Rachel Seifert noted the specifics of taking advanced classes to have helped her motivation to succeed in her studies.

“In advanced classes I have found a healthy atmosphere for learning – the teachers are excited to teach and the students are willing to engage and contribute […] I love the harder classes and have taken them for my personal satisfaction rather than with the hope of optimizing my GPA,” Seifert said.

Lastly, these students all report intending on going to college after high school, some with more concrete plans than others. Marks is planning to major in biochemistry with a double minor in philosophy and ancient history, while Orr hopes to pursue a career in behavioral neuroscience after college. Seifert said that though her exact plans are not in place yet, she does hope to attend a four-year university and find her future career path through exploration.