CO-ED DANCING

As the end of the year approaches the Sandpoint High School dance team prepares for the end-of-the-year performance with a slight twist.

Featured in the performance is a pair of dances including a co-ed dance as well as a humorous all male dance. This is a very unique performance as it is the only one of the year to have a dance that features men.

The boys practice along with the girls twice a week in order to prepare for the show, rolling out of bed at 6:30 to go to an early morning practice with the girls. The boys practice with the girls for about a month before the performance  

The co-ed partner dance will be danced to the tune of “Those Magic Changes” by Grease. The male dance features a mash up of some favorites like “Low” by Flo Rida and “Single Ladies” by Beyonce.

Sophomore Lieutenant Madison Bunty describes working with the boys difficult, as it takes more  time to go through all the steps, and make sure everything is correct.

“It is entertaining to watch the boys dance and have fun dancing with their partners” Bunty said.

This dance is a unique opportunity to give opportunity to many different people who might be interested in dance but never had the chance to come and try it out for themselves.

“It’s a really fun experience,” senior Mitchell Rust said. “I am glad I had the opportunity to be a part of it.”

The performance will take place at Sandpoint High School and It will feature all of the high school dance team’s routines from throughout the year as well as the co-ed dance.

Come out and support Sandpoint High School dance team to see some beautiful dances; and come watch their counterparts for a good laugh, if nothing else.