HOMEWORK DIFFICULTIES

Homework online poses students with a problem

With the abundant technological advances also comes difficulties for many students. With homework being required to be turned in online there are students from all grade levels getting docked points for having their homework being late due to the fact that they do not have wifi at home.

While some teachers understand that not every student has wifi at home more often than not teachers just do not think about that disadvantage. Often resulting in lower grades.

Both Emily Branham (12) and Olivia Mallory (9) are students that do not have wifi at home, providing both homework deadlines and grade difficulties. Not only is there struggles at home with wifi but even the school wifi crashes and gives the students that additional amount of stress.

“This does affect my grades. I try to go to the library to get it done, but not all the time I am able to go. Because of this my grades may begin to drop,” Mallory said

There is a way to do for example essays offline on a google doc page but it does not always save. Making students still not only have to turn in their work late but also makes them very both frustrated and again stressed.

“I definitely feel like it’s also a pressure to families to get wireless internet at their households which may not work financially,” Branham said

Like both Branham and Mallory there are students that also believe that there is a learning advantage to doing homework with ‘pen to paper.’

“I think it helps me learn more and retain information better,” Branham said

Although yes there are may difficulties with technology for many SHS students such as both Branham and Mallory they also think it is great that we are fortunate enough to have this learning tool.