NEW C DAY

Sandpoint High School’s daily bell schedule will see some changes this year

Sandpoint High School has added seven minutes and C day to the schedule.

Once a month, before or after a PLC early release day, the schedule will change to include time for Sources of Strength mentors to touch-base with their connection groups. This schedule will be called a “C” schedule.

On C days students will go to their A or B day classes, but there will be an hour and a half chiseled out between first and second period for connection groups to meet.

“[The students] wanted a place and a healthy way to connect with each other, so this is how we decided to do it so it’s more structured and organized,” said Cindy Albertson, head counselor and SOS advisor.

C day will allow teachers to stay on track with their A/B class schedules and not miss time with only one class on PLC early release weeks.

In addition, the final bell will ring seven minutes later each day, adding one minute to each class, one between first and second period for grab-and-go lunch program, and two to lunch.

“The gap time between when the busses arrive at 3 and 2:38 was a time where we felt time wasn’t being used as efficiently as we needed to, Principal Tom Albertson said. “We realized from a poll of teachers that whether it’s 22 minutes or 15 minutes students who ride a bus were not using access or said they couldn’t get in there, but they can still stop by and pick up something really quick within the 15 minutes.”