ASB PRESIDENT

Here are your 2020/2021 ASB President candidates

May 7, 2020

BAXTER POLLARD

Photo Courtesy of Baxter Pollard

What position are you running for and why?

I am running for ASB President because Student Council just felt like a place where I fit. It’s something I truly enjoy being a part of and I think that I can make everyone else’s year as great as possible.

What made you want to join StuCo?

I wanted to join Student Council because I not only enjoy the big parts of this school like dances and football games, but also the small things like shaking the principal’s hand in the morning, and other students who have passion for the school. 

How has your experience been so far in StuCo?

My experience so far in Student Council has been a whirlwind of good things. I have gained friendships, a teacher I can talk to about anything, the ability to not only help the school but also parts of the town, and overall it has given me chances I didn’t know it could give me.

What are some fun facts about you?

My favorite event the school hosts is Battle for the Paddle, my favorite parts about classes are the teachers and I have kept every school shirt that I have gotten so far in highschool.

Fun fact about StuCo:  One time on a trip to Student Council Regionals, Colin Roos had to put a pantyhose that had a ball in it on his head and swing it around. This was an activity set up by another school for all the other student council’s to participate in. 

GABBY HICKS

Photo Courtesy of Gabby Hicks

I am running for ASB president again because I was in this position last year, and now that I have that experience I can confidently say I know what I am doing. 

What made you want to join StuCo?

I joined StuCo my freshman year because of the idea that I could make an impact on the High School and the things going on in it. 

Honestly, my experience so far has been very up and down. There is a lot of responsibility that everyone in StuCo takes on when they join because they are planning some of the biggest events in students’ high school careers. So it can be super stressful at times, but the reward of throwing a successful event is worth it.

What are some fun facts about you?

I am half Canadian and I have a nutcracker collection.

Cedar Post • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in