CONSPIRACY CORNER: AREA…52?

Could there be an Area 52 hiding somewhere in the U.S.?

Joe Parsley, Web Editor

Most people know about Area 51 (actually called Homey Airport) and how secret it was and how it still is, but have you heard of Area 52? There’s a lot of similarities with very few differences.

Starting off, Area 51 was just a speculation, like Area 52 right now, for years until June 25, 2013, when the Central Intelligence Agency (C.I.A.) publicly acknowledged that it did in fact exist, declassifying their documents detailing the history and purpose of Area 51, because of a Freedom of Information Act (F.O.I.A.) requested by an unknown subject in 2005.

Secondly, Area 51 has a lake, Lake Groom to be exact, nearby it in which no civilian or regular military air traffic is allowed. Strange, right? Most Air Force Bases allow at least military air traffic, but not Area 51.

This relates and differs to Area 52, because most people believe it is an underground base that conveniently opens up for aircrafts, but immediately closes after the aircraft is underground. This suggests that the base would also not allow any air traffic ,military or civilian, near the landing strip.

Also, Area 51 has been confirmed to be in Lincoln County, Nevada, while Area 52 is reportedly somewhere in Nevada. This could suggest that Government Officials want the spotlight to be on Area 51 and keep Area 52 in the dark.

This doesn’t mean that interesting things aren’t happening at Area 51, like experimental aircrafts and testing new or unheard of weapons (these are just speculation though), but that could mean Area 52 has something that is very classified like extraterrestrial life or powerful weapons that no person or country needs to know about.

The U.S. Government could be keeping us focused on Area 51 while Area 52 is kept quiet, because it has everything (extraterrestrial life) conspiracy theorists want. Or Area 52 could be a made up place to keep the theorists believing. Like Agent Mulder says from The X-Files, “The truth is out there.”

About the Contributors
Joe Parsley, Web Editor

Joe Parsley is a junior and it is his first year on staff. He is the web editor.

Peyton Mullen, Web Staff

Peyton Mullen is a sophomore and it is his first year on staff. He is part of the web staff.